You may qualify for a B-1 Visa if you are coming to the U.S. as a visitor for a temporary business trip. You may not be paid by a source inside the U.S. Generally, your agenda must be limited to making investments, buying goods, attending seminars or performing other temporary work for an employer located outside the U.S. You qualify for a B-2 Visa if you are visiting the U.S. temporarily as a tourist. Unlike the B-1 visitor the B-2 tourist may not engage in business related activities at all. A condition of the B-2 visa is that you are in fact a tourist. Tourist are given stays of six months and business visitors may stay as necessary up to a maximum of one year.

The exception to the Visitor’s Visa Requirement: The Visa Waiver Program Visa Waivers are available for people from countries that do not have a history of illegal immigration to the U.S. Countries that currently qualify are Andorra, Austria, Belgium, Brunei, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Iceland, Italy, Japan, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Monaco, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, San Marino, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, and the United Kingdom. Nationals of these countries have the option of entering the U.S. for up to 90 days without a visa. Each visitor who enters under the program must arrive with a transportation ticket to leave the U.S. Those who come by land from Canada or Mexico must show evidence at the border of sufficient funds to live in the U.S. without working.

Service Area:

Need help with any legal issues?